Pickering Public Library and Ajax Public Library are jointly hosting a Science Fair on Saturday March 3 at Pickering City Hall. Registration is required.
Project display must not exceed 4 ft. wide by 2 ft. deep.
Demonstrations must be done by the participant (not public).
Projects requiring power must be portable so they can be moved to the “Power Station” during judging.
- Students should use a three sided display board
- Include a brief written description of your project that outlines your project’s:
- Title Results
- Purpose Conclusions
- Description of procedures
- *Each section should not exceed 500 words.
1. No open flames.
2. Toxic, flammable, or dangerous chemicals are prohibited.
3. Use as low a voltage as possible (no more than 9 volts).
4. At the end of the viewing period, all electrical exhibits should be disconnected.
5. X-Ray or Radiation-producing equipment is prohibited.
6. Living creatures are prohibited.
7. Photos/video can be used to demonstrate experiment. Ensure that you are present in all photographs.
Schedule of events:
9am – All participants arrive at City Hall lobby to setup their displays and practice.
10am to 12pm – Judges go around and participants present to two different judges at two different times. The room will be closed to the public during this time.
12pm – Open to the public for viewing.
12:30pm - Participants take down their displays and go for lunch/break.
2:00pm - Awards Ceremony takes place in Pickering Public Library Auditorium.